Friday, September 28, 2007

water

I find it rather disturbing that our water bill in KS is 3 times higher than the bill in NV. Oh, I'm not complaining about the price of water here as I fully expected this. What I would like to point out is the obvious: NV is a desert climate. They are constantly fighting over water rights and yet they can sell water for much less than they do here in KS, where it actually rains. They also waste more water in NV than in KS. I tried to tell people in NV about the cost of water and water conservation in other parts of the country, but water is a hot topic there. People feel they have a right to use all the water they want, as they please, for an inexpensive price. Perhaps if they had to pay more for that right they would hold it more dear.

1 comment:

Pattie said...

For us it's been a difference of rural vs. city. Rural water costs more. City water is cheap.