Tuesday, August 3, 2010

I Like It


After becoming a follower and reading the blogs I follow on Google Reader for several weeks the verdict is in:


I like it.

Why d
idn't I do this earlier?

(ED and Lori)

I thought I was being smart and saving time by reading the blogs I bookm
arked whenever I had time, but reading them in Google Reader drastically reduces the time it takes to read all of them. I can now add back many of the blogs I stopped trying to read, assuming I can find them all. I stopped regularly visiting some blogs because their pages loaded too slowly due to all the excess stuff on the sidebars and some because their posting was so infrequent.

The one thing I miss is seeing all of your sites as you designed them. I appreciate the individuality.

4 comments:

raidergirl3 said...

Oh yes, Google Reader is awesome, and let's you save so much time, and also, follow some people who seldom post. If you want to comment, then you get to come to people's blogs, and see their style.
Glad this worked out for you. Next is to get tagging (I have recipes tagged, for example) and starring, and folders, oh the possibilities are endless.

Lori L said...

I'm so impressed with just the reader that I haven't even explored the possibilities of tagging, starring, etc.

Anonymous said...

I love Google Reader! Though it can quickly get out of control. (It's too easy to subscribe to everyone!) And I confess that I probably don't use it to its full potential, but I do have folders to organize the bazillions of blogs I subscribe to.

I try and make an effort to visit the actual blogs every so often, so I can see everyone's designs.

Lori L said...

Since I've been gone, this week will be another good test on how well it works for me when there are MANY posts to read. I have a feeling I'll still like it.